Saturday, December 31, 2005

Risotto cooking lesson with Mizue

Mizue's boyfriend, John, was going to come back from Taiwan and she wanted to cook for him! So she came by to learn how to prepare a risotto! I posted a squid ink risotto earlier on. The basic recipe for all risotto's is the same. Go check it out here.

Instead of the squid and the ink, we went ahead and used some saffron (available in small glass jars at Trader Joe's). At the end, we also added some sherry and a lot of parmesan cheese.

Before Mizue came over, i already started preparing some veal shanks (ossobucco) to serve with the risotto. We had a great time cooking together and i think she'll be back soon for another lesson!

Mizue, how did the evening go with John?

3 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, I made them yesterday and he loved both risotto and the pumpkin dessert!! we took pictures too so i will send you guys later--!
chicken risotto actually turned out super good that john was really impressed.
thank you soo much guys!!!
and I will see you guys soon for 2nd cooking class.hehe

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

great! so glad to hear that!
looking forward to the pictures...

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woooo! your risotto looks good! actually funny enough I am eating a bowl right now... some warm winter food instead of noodles, noodles, noodles and rice that we had for the last two weeks in asia.

dan! yoko! I brought you back some Thai spices (reminded me of the Provence package that Yoko gave me a year or so ago) I don't know if they will hold up to your high quality standards, but they are very pretty! Let's meet up and I can give them to you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home