Thursday, January 12, 2006

Buddha's Hand

Unbelievable!

As I'm walking through Bristol Farms today, i see something i've never seen before! An employee there stepped up and obviously noticed my surprised face, explaining me, that this is Buddha's Hand! Basically a big lemon but without any juice inside. Kind of a solid lemon peal?

I can't wait to cut it open and see how it looks like inside. But first, I have to figure out what I'm going to do
with it. I'll keep you posted here once I figured it out. Or let me know if you have a good idea!

I did some more research on it on the web. Here's an article if you're interested.

And here another article that also offers a recipe for candied Buddha's Hand peal.

And for those who waited to see what I've done with it, check out this post.

5 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

scary...... :-(

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is AWESOME.

imagine the zest you get from that!

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I MUST go to Whole Foods and find one.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

scary + very interesting!! so what did you use this for??

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I did a Buddha's Hand jam! I will post it either tomorrow or friday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home